- Why IRCH Services and Products?
Why IRCH for your Record Retention Needs?
Through the years, other companies have tried to provide records retention products and services that compete with Information Requirements Clearinghouse (IRCH). Many of those no longer operate while we continue to thrive. We realize that it is difficult sifting through the marketing claims and hype to select a records retention consultant or product to meet their needs.
- IRCH was founded in 1984 to research legal requirements for business records and provide subscription and consulting services. We have more than 30 years of experience in this specific area – longer than the other vendors.
- IRCH has conducted hundreds of records retention projects itself (and as a subcontracts to other consultants) and supported hundreds (if not thousands) more records retention projects through IRCH products. We know records retention because we are records retention experts!
- Other vendors do not work exclusively in the records retention fields – they primarily provide software and services for other records and information management or information governance tasks, and provide records retention products and services as a side service. IRCH specializes in researching and developing records retention and legal requirements for business records.
- IRCH’s database and legal research capabilities are extensive, proven and relevant. While there will never be a way to check and compare vendor databases, we believe IRCH is better because:
- During our more than 30 year history, the legal research has primarily performed by three different in-house employees. Other vendors outsource their legal research.
- Our in-house Senior Staff Attorney and Legal Counsel has performed and managed our legal research since 1998.
- With our long history, we do not need to research laws that have been enacted years ago, other than to determine any changes or deletions. Instead, we can focus on new provisions that have been more recently enacted.
- By sheer size, we publish over 20,000 citations in our various databases and maintain an inventory of over 30,000 more citations in our non-published, custom database that can be used for custom, consulting projects.
- Only IRCH’s Retention Manager and Retention Wizard have a unique and proven methodology. Other approaches function through a series of look-ups and manual placement of data. Our products utilize the sophisticated, unique Profile function that establishes the profile of an organization based on industries and subjects related to the legal research.
Once the Profile is developed (with generally a few hundred entries), the Profile can identify thousands of relevant laws in the legal research database in a manner of seconds.
This same process can be repeated in subsequent years to semi-automatically identify changes in retention based on changes in the legal research, and provide the complete complement of tools to complete and manage updates.
Leadership in Retention Field
Of the founders and chief executives of the other companies, only Donald S. Skupsky, President of IRCH, has achieved national recognition and acclaim for his innovation, contributions and dedication to the records and information management industry.
Mr. Skupsky is the only principle to receive all the major national awards, publish extensively and teach over the decades. Thus, many of today’s commonly-accepted principles for records retention have been developed by Mr. Skupsky and disseminated to the industry.
Manage Your Record Retention
Manage risk, costs, access and compliance.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation to learn how we can resolve your records retention needs and goals!Contact Us
It is always refreshing to hear Don Skupsky’s common sense and realistic views on topics such as email, big data and unmanaged information. Additional topics covered that affect legally-defensible records retention are buckets, global retention and defense of a records retention program in litigation. The discussion regarding expert witness tasks can be a checklist for retention program development and management.
Karen Sampson, Scenarios By Sampson