Retention Manager Overview
Information Requirements Clearinghouse (IRCH) has provided retention solutions since 1984. IRCH is on the forefront of providing cutting-edge software solutions for the records retention needs of a wide array of industries.
IRCH created Retention Manager for records professionals and companies to create and manage retention solutions for their business records. Retention Manager has a legal research database with an over thirty year history and is updated on state, federal and international levels daily. The legal database can be supplemented with optional modules and industry templates.
Default records series are included to classify 80% of the business records you and all organizations have. Each record series is documented with descriptions, retention periods and supporting legal research.
Retention Manager provides the software tools, legal research and default record series to create and manage your retention schedule. IRCH provides consulting and online training services to support, supplement, expedite and accelerate your retention schedule development.
Included with Retention Manager
- Five hours of personalized online training with certified Retention Manager trainers. An established curriculum is used to help familiarize you with the software and methodology.
- Full text of over 16,000 United States federal and state records retention laws (with multiple index entries for many complex laws).
- All legal database entries are indexed by:
- Associated industry and subjects
- Legal retention period
- Date of last change
- Optimized management approach for associating records and legal research that minimizes effort and maximizes results.
- Default legal groups, retention rules and more than 400 default record series with descriptions and retention periods addressing most general business records.
- Office of Record function for tracking original records and copies.
- Professional subscription includes technical support and regular updates for software and legal research data. Software version upgrades are included in the subscription which is renewed annually.
- Export retention schedule to IRCH-certified Content Management Systems.
- Professionally developed system reports for documenting and distributing the retention schedule and records:
- Legal groups with associated legal research
- Company profile
- Update reports showing company-specific legal research changes after legal database updates
- Retention rules
- Standard record series
- User record inventory report to help with inventorying current company records
- User records by department
- User records with assigned retention rules
- User records with assigned standard record series
- User defined/frequently used reports
- Custom reports
- Insurance Research
This module is the leading database of state-level legal research on Insurance regulations to supplement the default database. All states are included.
- International Research
This module supplements the default federal and state legal research database with applicable retention laws and citations from more than 100 countries including Canada, Europe and Asia. A jurisdiction list available upon request.
- Credit Unions
- Financial Services
- Power Utilities
- Additional Industry Templates in development
- More information
Manage Your Record Retention
Manage risk, costs, access and compliance.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation to learn how we can resolve your records retention needs and goals!Contact Us
“Defensible compliance is the mainstay of an effective records retention schedule. Solid legal regulation support is essential for developing compliant schedules which Retention Manager™ delivers.
I use the retention legal research database of over 16,000 citations as foundation for my clients’ retention schedules. Legal research updates are issued regularly and are easily integrated into the existing research. The legal group and retention rule “assignments” organizes relevant regulations into “buckets” for easy retention schedule development.
The Retention Manager™ method incorporates legal, business/operational value, and industry-standard considerations for retention decisions. Realistic retention periods are used to comply with regulatory and operational requirements.”
Su D. A. Graham, CRM, MLS